Women in Communications and Technology is a Canada-wide not-for-profit organization dedicated to inspiring, engaging and advancing women in communications, media and technology. WCT works towards its vision of equal representation of women in all roles through the efforts of volunteers, regional chapters, a national working Board of Directors and staff members. The head office is located in Ottawa.
WCT is looking for a bookkeeper and administrative assistant to help WCT staff and volunteers increase the impact of their diversity efforts. The ideal candidate works well in teams, is self-motivated, and enjoys working towards a more diverse and inclusive Canada.
Primary responsibilities include:
Bookkeeping and Financial Management
- Maintain departmentalized financial records using Sage (formerly Simply Accounting) & Adagio FX Financial Reporter of a national non-profit membership organization that has 10 regional offices and is involved in several federal government projects
- Accounts payable and receivable; invoicing, PayPal payments, GST/HST and QST remittance
- Banking and transaction reports
- Financial statements: quarterly reports for the Board, audit committee and input to auditor
- Assist with fundraising and sponsor receivables
- Ensure maintenance of online database (SharePoint) and governance files and maintain a filing system to support financial records
- Support to National Board of Directors and Executive Committees, including organizing meetings, tracking attendance, taking meeting minutes, distribution of materials
- Manage all administrative and office leases, suppliers and HR contracts
- Organize and set up conference calls, video conferences, webinars and meetings
- Liaise with regional chapters to provide member reports, eblasts, invoices and payments
- Maintain CiviCRM database, including event attendance and membership data entry
- Assist with membership data entry and special projects
- Liaise with key volunteers, including using the CiviCRM database management system
- Update regional chapter and national board information on website and database
- Organize regional chapter calls and provide ongoing support to chapters for administrative and financial assistance
- Answer member inquiries
The ideal candidate:
- An associate degree in accounting or certificate in bookkeeping
- Knowledge of bookkeeping practices and analysis of financial data
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications - Sage and Adagio FX as well as Excel and Word
- Ability to work independently, mainly from home and attend regular in-person meetings as needed
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and timelines
- Ability to initiate and complete projects with minimal supervision
- French language oral and written communication skills would be an asset
WCT is a national grassroots professional association committed to the advancement of women in communications and technology. Since 1991, WCT has been dedicated to engaging and inspiring women in Canada’s technology and communications sectors. Through a coast to coast network of over 1,200 members, WCT empowers women to be leaders and contributors in Canada’s digital economy.
WCT works towards its mission through leadership and skills development, mentorship, recognition, and by building a national community of professional men, women and partner organizations. Through partnerships with organizations like Rogers, Bell, TELUS, IBM, Microsoft, Corus, RBC, Amazon, Accenture and Cogeco Connexion, WCT has increased its efforts to strengthen the leadership role of women driving innovation and smart growth in Canada.
For more information, contact: